Croatia - Top Destination for Health Tourism
Highlights for Medical Tourism in
In the past, the people who get sick had to stay near their
home to get treatment. But with the development of medicine and transportation, patients now have more choices to
get medical treatment. They can travel to other cities or even other countries, such as Croatia, to obtain
treatment, which is called medical tourism or health tourism.
What makes medical tourism more appealing is no waiting time,
lower treatment costs, and affordable international travelling expenses. Add to it the opportunity to have a
holiday abroad and the whole exercise of going to another country for a health or medical treatment starts to make
natural beauty lends itself quite well for visiting medical tourists,
who often find time to rest and relax after their medical
Owing to these and other factors, Croatia is becoming one of
the popular medical tourist destinations in Europe. At the crossroads of the Mediterranean, the Central Europe and
the Southeast Europe, Croatia own beautiful coastline, pristine national parks,
one of the cleanest seas in Europe, great islands and pleasant weather
make Croatia a great destination for health tourism.
The medical facilities and healthcare services are quite
sound and the locals naturally favour foreign paying medical clients.
Highlights of Medical Tourism in Croatia
Although still in its early stages, medical tourism has a
great potential in Croatia:
- There are hundreds of healthcare institutions including
around 80 hospitals and clinics and 24000 hospital beds in this country.
- The modern medical equipment, professional physicians
and good quality care are the reasons for ideal medical tourism in Croatia.
- There is also special Association for Medical Tourism
Development to manage the affairs of medical tourisms.
- All medical treatments are provided by the best suited
and well trained physicians at the leading state of the art facilities in Croatia.
The most popular treatments among non-Croatian patients
comprise from the aesthetic procedures, Dental treatments, Eye Procedures, Dermatalogy and Medical wellness and
|One of the most common
and oftens selected medical procedures by medical
tourists in Croatia is that of dental work.
What to do
When a patient decides to take a medical trip to Croatia, the
following typical processes shall be carried out:
1) Contact a medical tourist provider;
2) Provide the patient's medical report, medical history and other information to the medical
3) Confirm the medical expenditure, choice of hospital and duration of stay with a certified
physician or consultant;
4) Sign consent agreement with the medical tourist provider;
5) Obtain the recommendation letter from the medical tourist provider;
6) Apply for a medical visa with the recommendation letter;
7) Travel to the destination country and take the medical treatment according to the
agreement. In general, the medical tourist provider will arrange the accommodation and other care service in the
destination country except the medical treatment.
The alluring combination of the Croatia’s natural
environment, rich history, wide range of Wellness Centers and advanced medical conditions attracts a lot of
patients in Europe and other countries to receive medical treatments in Croatia.