Owing to these and other factors, Croatia is becoming one of the popular medical tourist destinations in Europe. At the crossroads of the Mediterranean, the Central Europe and the Southeast Europe, Croatia own beautiful coastline, pristine national parks, one of the cleanest seas in Europe, great islands and pleasant weather make Croatia a great destination for health tourism.
The medical facilities and healthcare services are quite sound and the locals naturally favour foreign paying medical clients.
Highlights of Medical Tourism in Croatia
Although still in its early stages, medical tourism has a great potential in Croatia:
The most popular treatments among non-Croatian patients comprise from the aesthetic procedures, Dental treatments, Eye Procedures, Dermatalogy and Medical wellness and Rehabilitation.
What to do
When a patient decides to take a medical trip to Croatia, the following typical processes shall be carried out:
1) Contact a medical tourist provider;
2) Provide the patient's medical report, medical history and other information to the medical tourist provider;
3) Confirm the medical expenditure, choice of hospital and duration of stay with a certified physician or consultant;
4) Sign consent agreement with the medical tourist provider;
5) Obtain the recommendation letter from the medical tourist provider;
6) Apply for a medical visa with the recommendation letter;
7) Travel to the destination country and take the medical treatment according to the agreement. In general, the medical tourist provider will arrange the accommodation and other care service in the destination country except the medical treatment.
The alluring combination of the Croatia’s natural environment, rich history, wide range of Wellness Centers and advanced medical conditions attracts a lot of patients in Europe and other countries to receive medical treatments in Croatia.
Site updated on 22. March 2020
Sailing Charter in Croatia
Download PDF brochures
Get detailed information
on four charter boats